Startups are eligible for up to $5000. Established companies are eligible for growth grants up to $20,000, must be certified as a Bridgeport-based business.
ESTABLISHED COMPANIES must be certified as Bridgeport-based prior to submitting a proposal. Download Certification request from https://bit.ly/BridgeportSMB and email to Jason.Chandersingh@Bridgeportct.gov and Roer@EntrepreneurshipFoundation.org Note: the process may take two weeks.
October 26 Competition Orientation and Training session at Housatonic Community College, Beacon Hall Event Center, 6-8 pm. Free parking in garage.
Register for training session at https://2023Bplan.eventbrite.com
November 30 – Submissions due at https://bit.ly/2023Bplan
December 5 – Finalists will be notified via email
December 8 – Finalists will give 3-minute PowerPoint pitches to panel of judges. Housatonic Community College, Lafayette Hall Room L108-L109, 4:30 - 6:30 pm.
QUESTIONS? Contact Mike Roer at Roer@EntrepreneurshipFoundation.org
1. PROBLEM: Solves a real problem; there is strong customer pain or desire
2. SOLUTION: Superior or cheaper than alternatives, or serves new market niche
3. TARGET MARKET: Clearly defined; adequate size to support business
4. MANAGEMENT: Knowledgeable about industry; Convincing
5. FINANCE: It's clear how the company will make money
6. FUNDING: It's clear how much the company needs to launch or grow. (If company does not
require funding at this time, it may have an alternate need, such as customers or talent.)