$15,000 in grants + legal services + co-working and maker space seats. Applications due April 14. Finals live via Zoom on afternoon of April 22.
ELIGIBILITY. Companies must be student-owned and conceived.
Presenter must be a student at a Connecticut high school, college or university.
Entrants who won more than $500 in this or prior year are ineligible.
This is for business concepts; companies with sales in excess of $10,000 are not eligible for the Elevator Pitch, but may enter the Business Plan Competition (below). Upload a 60–second pitch (Problem and Solution only) to YouTube and post the link in your online application (please do not password-protect.) We will award prizes for both pre-rev and post-rev companies. On April 19, finalists will be invited to pitch live April 22. You may not enter the same business concept in both the Elevator Pitch and the Business Plan Competition below.
Apply at www.Back-Offices.com/elevator
Apply at www.Back-Offices.com/plan
Finalists will present a 3-min PowerPoint presentation. In the application you will be asked to identify your category (personal or venture business). We will award prizes in both categories. Venture Enterprises are scalable, capital intensive, with a large market. Personal Businesses have limited markets and do not need venture capital to reach full potential.
Apply at www.Back-Offices.com/energy
Same criteria as Business Plan Competition, but must also serve one of the following purposes:
1. PROBLEM: Solves a real problem; there is strong customer pain or desire
2. SOLUTION: Superior or cheaper than alternatives, or serves new market niche
3. TARGET MARKET: Clearly defined; adequate size to support business
4. MANAGEMENT: Knowledgeable about industry; Convincing
5. FINANCE: It's clear how the company will make money
6. FUNDING: It's clear how much the company needs to launch or grow. (If company does not require funding at this time, it may have an alternate need, such as customers or talent.)
Copyright © 2023 Entrepreneurship Foundation - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder