TO ENTER: Prepare 60-sec elevator pitch and post on YouTube (do not password-protect.) Then apply online by March 31 at www.Back-Offices.com/cc and include link to video in the application.
The top entrants from each school will share in at least $500 in cash awards and receive a Zoom invite to State Finalson Thursday, April 8, at 6:30 pm, to compete for an additional $1000 in awards.
State finalists will deliver their elevator pitches live, followed by Q&A from the judges.
A. Videos may not include slides or text, but may include the company product as a prop.
B. Proposal must be for a company owned by a current CT community college student.
1. PROBLEM: Solves a real problem; there is strong customer pain or desire
2. SOLUTION: Superior or cheaper than alternatives, or serves new market niche
3. TARGET MARKET: Clearly defined; adequate size to support business
4. MANAGEMENT: Knowledgeable about industry; Convincing
5. FINANCE: It's clear how the company will make money
6. FUNDING: It's clear how much the company needs to launch or grow. (If company does not require funding at this time, it may have an alternate need, such as customers or talent.)
The first two are of in-person presentations; the second two are video selfies.
Jessica Kerr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xn88qYx0OQ
Aaron Pugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sE5UXVIkz0
Mariah Rodriguez https://youtu.be/lROSG3hQDpo