ELIGIBILIY: Must be enrolled in a Connecticut community college during the current academic year.
TO ENTER: Prepare 60-sec elevator pitch and post on YouTube (do not password-protect.) Then apply online by April 1 at www.Back-Offices.com/cc and include link to video in the application.
The top entrant from each school will receive a $250 grant. State finalists will deliver their elevator pitches live via Zoom on April 7, 6:30 pm, followed by Q&A from the judges.
Cash prizes will be awarded for best
1) Concept for a New Business, and
2) Growth plan for and existing business (sales in excess of $10,000)
A. Videos may not include slides or text, but may include the company product as a prop.
B. Proposal must be for a company owned by a current CT community college student.
1. PROBLEM: Solves a real problem; there is strong customer pain or desire
2. SOLUTION: Superior or cheaper than alternatives, or serves new market niche
3. TARGET MARKET: Clearly defined; adequate size to support business
4. MANAGEMENT: Knowledgeable about industry; Convincing
5. FINANCE: It's clear how the company will make money
6. FUNDING: It's clear how much the company needs to launch or grow. (If company does not require funding at this time, it may have an alternate need, such as customers or talent.)
The first two are of in-person presentations; the second two are video selfies.
Jessica Kerr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xn88qYx0OQ
Aaron Pugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sE5UXVIkz0
Mariah Rodriguez https://youtu.be/lROSG3hQDpo